HVAC Five Interesting Facts
Interested in knowing more about HVAC?
You’ve come to the right place! Read the following interesting facts!
5 HVAC interesting facts
1. The first air conditioner to look at the light of the day was the one constructed back in the year 1902 in Brooklin. The person to blame for the airconditioning invention was Willis Haviland Carries an American engineer who graduated from Cornell University.
2. Among many smart inventions from the field of maths and astronomy, the Egyptians invented many others, such as air conditioning systems. There are even three of these cool(ing) inventions – wind catchers, roof scoops, wet mats.
3. The first Air Conditioner was installed in the movie theatre in 1925. The Paramount Pictures Corporation installed it in the Rivoli Theater. At the same time, the term summer blockbuster was born since the people have flocked into theatres not only to watch the projection but to cool themselves down.
4. The lifespan of an HVAC system can range from 10 to even 30 years. It varies based on run-time hours per day, proximity to corrosive contaminants, and how well the equipment has been maintained.
5. Today 84% of all homes in the United States have some kind of air conditioning. US citizens use more air conditioning than all other nations combined.