When Your A/C Blowing Only Cold Air
Feeling frozen inside your home is a common feeling during winter time. We understand if you have a need to wrap yourself in a warm blanket because it happened at least once to every one of us. The most common reason why your home is colder than usually is related to duct problems.
Because you deserve to feel comfortable, here is what we recommend to do:
- Check your ducts to see if something is blocking them like furniture or carpeting.
- Inspect your air filters and replace them. Remind yourself to do so every month or at least once in 60 days.
- Have your HVAC system inspected for dust and debris and clean them if needed. Coils can get dirty which can affect the overall performance of your HVAC system.
- Sometimes it is just about wrong temperature setting. Make sure that your A/C is always set to the right temperature.
- If you noticed a leakage or strange sounds that your HVAC produces it is the best to call on the professional. Ducts can become poorly sealed and broke down.
The important thing to remember is not to panic if your A/C is broken down and blowing only cool air. If you don’t know what to do just call on professionals, they will know what to do. Usually, they will camera inspect your ducts, see where the problem is and recommend the best solution such as filter replacement, coil cleaning or a combo package.