HVAC 10 Rules For a Comfortable Life
1. Change HVAC filters regularly. Even if your system is running well, that is not the reason not to change the filter. You should change it at least once in six months.
2. Build a relationship with a local HVAC cleaning company. That way, you can rest assured that you have a reliable ally in keeping your indoor air clean at all times.
3. Make sure you close your gas valve during the summer months to prevent leakage. Do this, especially if you are away from home on holiday.
4. Invest in a smart thermostat. A smart thermostat will save you a great deal of money on your energy bill since it can be programmed to maximize HAVC efficiency.
5. Cover your outdoor unit. All sorts of things such as leaves, branches, debris, birds, rodents, and insects can gen into your outdoor unit, causing troubles. To prevent having problems it is best to cover it.
6. Keep your windows and doors closed during winter or, better yet, insulate them. You will cut your energy bill in half.
7. Get the humidifier. Sometimes, especially during the winter months, the hot air in the room can be dry. It can cause respiratory system health problems. To prevent them, get the dehumidifier.
8. Get the dehumidifier. If you live in a humid climate, you should get the dehumidifier to remove excess water from your environment, preventing issues that can harm your health.
9. Have a HAVC cleaning appointment at least once per year. Make sure that the package includes air duct cleaning, air sanitizing, dryer vent cleaning, odor kill, and coil cleaning.
10. Window drapes. Use lighter color drapes during summer to keep your home cooler and darker color shades during winter to keep it warmer. The dark color absorbs heat as opposed to lighter colors.