5 Important HVAC Filter Facts
1. A clean filter will prevent the evaporator coil from soiling quickly. Over time, the evaporator coil will still collect dirt which will reduce the airflow. To avoid having reduced airflow, change your filters regularly.
2. 90% of HVAC failures are caused by dirty air filters.
3. When your furnace runs longer, the filter is drowning more debris and particles. Over that period you should check your filters more frequently.
4. There are different types of filters, rated by minimum or higher efficiency. Before you buy one, make sure you find the right one for your home.
5. Avoid vacuuming the HVAC filter, you can damage it that way. Instead, change your filters regularly every three months.