HVAC Spring Tips
This spring, learn how to create both coziness and energy-efficient HVAC system with the help of some tips which will deliver you the highest level of comfort.
1. Since it’s spring, you are going to use your HVAC system more intensively. We recommend doing the whole energy audit because it will help you find a way to save money on your energy bill.
2. Do not think you will save energy if you close the vents in the rooms you don’t use. Restrict airflow can cause problems for your HVAC system.
3. If you are planning on redecorating your home, you should seek out the products without toxic fumes. That way, you are going to avoid toxins circulating through your vents.
4. You should consider shading your unit. That way, it is going to be more energy-efficient. The best way of doing so is to plant a tree or a shrub near the outside unit.
5. If your HVAC system works just fine, but still you can’t stand the heat, we recommend changing the sheets to linen. You sleep like a baby.
6. If you need an extra cool breeze at your home, install a ceiling fan. It helps with better distribution of the cool air from your ventilation system.
7. Make sure your vents are clear of blockages. Drapery, carpeting, furniture and other items can block the airflow, making your unit the less efficient.
8. Keep your outdoor unit clean. Call the professional and extend the life of your HVAC system with a regular spring maintenance routine.