Happy Birthday Mr. Carrier
This November, we should be celebrating Willis Haviland Carrier’s 143th birthday! The Father of Air Conditioning was born on November 26, 1876. in Angola, New York. The HVAC would not be what it is today if not for Mr. Carrier. More than 3/4 of the World’s population is keeping their cool thanks to this dude. Let’s remind ourselves of the accomplishments that we need to be thankful for.- On July 17, 1902. Willis Haviland Carrier designed the first modern air conditioning system.
– In 1915. he founded Carrier corporation, a company specializing in the manufacture and distribution of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
– By increasing industrial production in the summer months (in the 1920’s), air conditioning changed American life to the core. The introduction of residential air conditioning helped start the great migration to the southern part of the USA, famously known as the Sunbelt.
– In 1930. Carrier started Toyo Carrier and Samsung Applications in Japan and Korea. South Korea is now the largest producer for air conditioning in the World.
– The Carrier Corporation pioneered the design and manufacture of refrigeration machines to cool large spaces.
– Today, the Carrier Corporation remains a World leader in commercial and residential HVAC and refrigeration.
Overall, Willis Carrier launched an industry that fundamentally improved the way we live today. Happy birthday Mr.Carrier and thank you!