What to Do if Your A/C Goes Out in The Summer
No one wants to get baked when the heatwave hits the city. Excessively high temperatures are especially bad for older people and can often end in fatal results. Common symptoms of overheating are:
- Heavy sweating
- Feeling nauseous, dizzy or fatigue
- Muscle cramps
- Low blood pressure
- Strong heart rate
You should never ignore these symptoms because it can lead you to a fainting, seizures and the worst heat stroke.
The best way to avoid getting in a risky health situation is to keep your A/C unit in a prime condition. But, the unpredictable situations are waiting around the corner. Even if you have a reliable, local HVAC technician’s number you can’t always wait, because the time, in this situation, is of the essence.
Here’s what you can do to hold you over while the A/C is been under reparation.
- Put the curtains down, shading will limit sun exposure
- Drink a lot of water and iced drinks
- A draft can be your friend in this situation, it will cool the indoor air a little bit
- Use a fan
- Always have an icepack in a fridge
- If nothing above is helpful, then rent a hotel room
- Don’t forget to invest in regular maintenance.