The difference Between an HVAC system and an AC window unit
The most common confusion for homeowners is the difference between HVAC and window air condition units. To add to the confusion, people may use the two terms intermittently. There is a definitive difference between the two types of units, which refer to different things.
An HVAC Unit
- Energy efficiency;
- Heating/Ventilating/Air Conditioning
- Both cooling and central heating modes.
- Natural ventilation;
- Indoor air quality;
- When maintained correctly, minimize the chances of any allergens forming;
- You can set it automatically to the desired temperature and leave it;
- Harder to install.
An AC Unit
- Specifically made to regulate the air inside the room and cool it down, sometimes to heat it too;
- Air Coinditioning
- Adjustable fan speeds;
- Remote control;
- Easy to install.
When we talk about the HVAC systems, we speak of the heating, cooling, and ventilation systems that regulate temperature and airflow throughout a property. If we talk about window AC, it only tends to cool single rooms and is less potent than an HVAC system.Now when you can tell the difference, it will be easy to understand the terminology of your contractor, and if you are still in doubt, don’t hesitate to contact us and, of course, schedule an HVAC cleaning appointment.