DIY Tips for Cleaning and Maintaining Your HVAC System
When it comes to HVAC cleaning, the best thing to do is call your local cleaning technician. That way, you will be 100% sure that the job is done immaculately. After a professional cleaning, you can rest assured that you don’t need another cleaning for at least six months.
But what if dust and debris collect in the ducts fast in a short period? Should you call an HVAC cleaning company, or can you try to clean it yourself? Here are some DIY tips for HVAC cleaning and Maintaining you can use in between professional cleaning.1. Check the thermostat battery and replace it if needed.
2. Test heating, even if it is the middle of summer.
3. Clean the gills and fins.
4. Make sure your outdoor unit is leveled.
5. Replace HVAC filters.
6. Make sure nothing is blocking the vents.
7. Perform a visual inspection for cracks and leakage.
8. Clean your return air vents using a soft wet cloth.
Need HVAC cleaning? Call us and schedule an appointment!