How to Prevent Accidental Household Heating Fires
Have you ever wondered if your heating system can cause a fire in your home? What can you do to stop this? What precaution measures should be taken?
Learn more about protecting your home from this dangerous and costly hazard.
If you regularly maintain your HVAC system, it can help prevent fires in your home! Space heaters, central heating systems, furnaces, radiators, and fireplaces can represent a fire hazard if they are not properly inspected and maintained every season.
A lot of people are unaware of the most basic fire hazards surrounding their heating systems. A large number of home fires are caused due to a failure to maintain heating equipment adequately.
So, here are some tips on how to prevent fire:
– Install a central heating system
– Test smoke detectors regularly
– Clean your chimney once a year
– Keep flammable things 3 feet away from heating equipment
– Turn off heaters when you leave the house or go to bed
– Call the professional for a regular HVAC maintenance