HVAC to Do List
If you are not sure what is good for keeping your HVAC system in excellent operational condition, follow this checklist we created for you, and you can’t get wrong.
1. Make sure that all electrical connections are tightened up and properly secured.
2. Adjust the thermostat at the right temperature. That way, you would be comfortable and save money. The best temperatures for the different situations are:
• 78° F when you’re home
• 85° F when you’re at work or away
• 82° F when you’re sleeping
3. Make sure that all moving parts are properly lubricated, so there are no friction and strange noises. By doing so, your HVAC system is going to last longer.
4. Change your filters regularly, at least twice a year (spring/fall).
5. Clear all the drains to avoid the water damage.
6. Check up the HVAC system controls. Central controllers are programmable, make sure that they work as you have set them.
7. Schedule your regular cleaning appointment with your local HVAC cleaning company. Spring and fall cleaning are the most important.
By doing all the things from the list, you will prolong the life of your HVAC system.