Is Air Conditioning Bad for Your Skin?
We get used to the blissful air conditioning effects. When the heatwave comes, all we want to do is ley down on the couch enjoying cool-tempered air. Little that we know is that perfectly cooled air can damage our skin. What are the negative A/C skin effects, how can we prevent them and still get to enjoy the cool breeze?
1. Dry skin problem
Dry skin problem caused by A/C isn’t a serious problem, but it’s an annoying one. Often you feel your skin is tightened, itchy, rough with tiny cracks. The oil production is reduced, and all the toxins remain within your skin. It is usually a temporary problem, but still, you would want to get rid of it.
2. Skin elasticity problem
If the air is dry, your skin is going to lose the moisture and start shriveling. That means that your skin is going to age prematurely. No one would like to have wrinkly skin. It’s not late to take preventive steps. Even people who already have signs of premature skin aging can benefit from making changes.
1. The best thing you could do is to stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water. At least 8 glasses per day.
2. Use a moisturizing cream.
3. Avoid sitting next to the air conditioning.
4. Use a humidifier to balance the indoor humidity.
5. Change your A/C filters regularly