Repair vs Replace HVAC System?
The HVAC system is one of the most important part of any home and lasts for a long time when properly installed and maintained. Unless your system has completely stopped working, figuring out when to repair or replace your air conditioner can be tough. That’s why we recommend looking at some concrete facts.Reasons to Repair
- When a part is covered under warranty, it’s usually best to get the repair and move on.
- If you plan on moving soon and your unit is in relatively good condition, you might be better off sticking with the easy fix.
- Cleaning the filter is an easy repair job, so if this describes the condition of your HVAC system, repair is preferable to replacement.
Reasons to Replace
- Many HVAC technicians say they typically recommend replacing units if they are 15 years or older.
- If the cost of your repairs is 50% or greater than the current value of your system it would be more cost-effective to replace.
- If your HVAC system needs to be repaired frequently (once a year or more), it may be time to replace the system entirely.
Each of these signs should trigger a call to Lowe’s Air Duct Cleaning. Our technician can examine your equipment and ductwork and help you navigate this big decision.