10 Interesting Facts About HVAC System
Here are some fun facts about the HVAC system that you may not know and will find interesting.
- The Romans were the first civilization to use any type of warm air heating system. A hypocaust is a system of central heating in a building that produces and circulates hot air below the floor of a room, and may also warm the walls. Hypocausts were used for heating hot baths and other public buildings in Ancient Rome.
- The first A/C for commercial purposes was built in 1902. by Willis Carrier. He discovered the relationship
between temperature, humidity, dew point and pressure.
- Automobile manufacturing company “Packard” was the first to incorporate A/C in their cars in 1936.
- Your home could be up to 40% more energy efficient if you add insulation around your windows. Transform your house into an energy efficient home and save on your energy bill.
- The average family spends half of their annual energy bills on A/C running. Be sure your A/C unit is set to switch off during the times of day when you don’t need it.
- Homes with low humidity will feel colder than homes with moister air. If humidity levels dip too low certain germs will thrive.
- Without regular maintenance, your A/C will not operate at peak efficiency. The most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters.
- Our reliance on A/C has actually reduced our natural tolerance for heat .
- Sleep better by adjusting A/C temperature between 65 and 72. This is an optimal sleeping temperature.
- Without A/C some medications would never have been made, because they require cool environment. If you live in a hot climate and do not have air conditioning, you may want to consider keeping your medications in the refrigerator.