Protect your loved ones
There have been many speculations regarding the connection between pets and the global virus pandemic.
CDC had reported that a small number of pets were infected by the virus, mostly after close contact with people with COVID-19. Fortunately, most of the pets that have gotten sick only had mild illness and had fully recovered.
Can pets spread the virus?
It is important to emphasize that pets got infected after close contact with humans! It is still not confirmed whether pets play a significant role in spreading COVID-19 infection to people.
How to protect pets from the virus?
Here is what to do if you have the virus or are at risk:
– Limit your contact with pets and other animals!
– Apply all hygiene measures: wash your hands after handling animals, their food, or supplies.
– Disinfect all surfaces that are commonly used.
– Avoid kissing, licking, snuggling, or sharing food.
– If it’s possible, have another member of your household care for your pets while you are sick.
– Make sure your HVAC system is cleaned since the air circling the house should constantly be fresh. We all know that virus finds the easiest way to its other victim through the air!
– Contact your veterinarian if you have any questions about your pet’s health.
Treat your little friends as you would other family members! Don’t let them interact with people or animals outside the household!